Saturday, 26 April 2014

Day of the Dead

There is a crafting drought here as I am studying for a new qualification and it's taking all my time. I do however have little rebellions and break out the paints and paper occasionally although it's a very slow process. I have a LO lurking around for a month now and it's almost finished but not stuck down yet.

This page was inspired by the Kate Crane Journal Soup class as well as the Documented Life Facebook challenge from the Art to the 5th blog. I used a scrap cardboard insert that came in a package. I really liked the idea of the pages being unbound so you can add to them at will and work on a smaller scale. The background was gesso and gelatos and then topped with some Dylusions spray as well as Liqutex liquid paints. 


I then veered off into the Document Life challenge which was to paint on top of a magazine image. I really thought it wouldn't turn out well but I was pleasantly surprised by how well it did work. I'm not  great at freehand drawing and I think it would be a good technique for face shapes etc which I really struggle with. I used Golden Acrylics for the body and then my Sharpie paint pens for the face and hair. I even used some very old rubons  so all in all a good stash busting effort. 


3 comments:

Kirsti said...

Cool...this is ace...love it!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love the way you describe your "little rebellions". I need to do that, too, soon.
Rinda

Louise said...

When i saw this on Ig i thought it looked wonderful. Good luck with all the studying x