Monday, 10 February 2014

January ASOI Challenge

I have been slowly working on these journal pages over the last week and I used the January monthly challenge at A Sprinkle of Imagination as my starting inspiration.. It started out as one page and then spread out into two pages after I got some Golden Turquoise paint that I saw in Kate Crane's Journal Soup class. I wanted to try the Golden paints out after being disappointed with other brands and I wasn't disappointed they are lovely. I used my winnings from the December challenge at ASOI although it was hard to decide what to get as there is so much choice.


I used the colour palette of teal, aqua, lilac, white and pale lime. The paints are a mixture of Claudine Hellmuth, Jenni Bowlin, Adirondack and the Golden in Turquoise. The ink and stencil were Dylusions. There were various stamps including Kate Crane's hand carved ones, Unity Brave Girl set, Hero Arts and Glitz Design. I also used some gesso and modelling paste with sequin waste. My jaunty man and the words "The Birdman" were from a Julie Kirk Plundered Pages pack I had and they set off the quote about a bird with a french fry which then led into the Hunger Games quote which has been on my mind of late. I coloured my man with Distress Inks and a paint brush. 

Apologies for the poor light in the photo but it isn't really that easy here at the moment with it being grey and wet most of the time. I am grateful however that we aren't flooded or snowed in unlike other places. It must be terrible to have that happen to you. 

TFL and pop over here to see the challenge and the various entries. 

2 comments:

Kirsti said...

Busy busy lady...love this page..xx

alexa said...

Those colours are super together ... Nice to hear you've enjoyed experimenting!