Friday, 3 January 2014

ASOI December Colour Challenge

Happy New Year! I hope 2014 brings all that you wish for. 

I have been doing a bit of art journaling everyday for 10 mins after being inspired by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer;s blog. It's part of my step away from the computer resolution I started late last year. I found I spent too much time looking and no actual producing. I also prefer Instagram as well as it's so quick to share things instead of blogging.

This art journal page was inspired by the A Sprinkle of Imagination December colour challenge here


When I first saw it I was like no not got an idea and dismissed it. However when I was experimenting with my oil pastels last week in my 10 minute play I realised that I had actually used some of the palette already and then this page was born. The base is some Adirondack ink left over from a stencil I used and the problem was that I couldn't use anything water based otherwise it bled.  When I was using the oil pastels on another page I realised they worked really well at blending and left the ink intact. I used three of the colour palette the orange, yellow and purple pastels on top of the Adirondack ink. I then used black Stazon and some stamps from Glitz and Unity. There was also some sequin waste and some black oil pastel for the background. Finally I stamped my Stampotique girl out and coloured her in with my distress markers and used the fourth palette colour of mauve. The quote is from my Pinterest word board. Thanks for a great challenge and making me think out of the box. Pop over here and join in the challenge.

7 comments:

ionabunny said...

It sounds a weird mix but these colours work so well together. Great journal page and love the sentiment. I agree, I should spend more time making and less time looking......

Kirsti said...

Great page...need to get my act together this year but I think I say that every year...haha...xxx

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love Stampotique girls! I'm trying to find the right balance between blog reading, blog writing and stepping away for creativity. It's hard!
Rinda

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

fantastic page! background is so wonderful!

alexa said...

Such rich colours, and you are so right about how we can spend too much time on looking and not enough on doing :).

isisimaginings.com said...

Fantastic page, the Stampotique girl looks great against the background.

Jaine Drake said...

Ooo how cool, Lovely lovely page the colours are so rich. Thanks for joining the challenge with A Sprinkle of Imagination.