Saturday, 21 September 2013

Final Round Up

It's the end of the Summertime Photo Scavenger Hunt that Rinda hosts over here on her blog Gallo Organico.  

I did really well and got 18 photos and one substitution and it's my own fault that I never got items 1 and 2 as I did actually see a market and go to the theatre but forgot to take a photo. Better luck next time. I did however have a lot of fun thinking of photos and trying to get the items snapped. Number 4 was my luckiest. I frequently see planes coming in to land on my way to work but it's usually rush hour and stopping to take a photo isn't an option. I was lucky one day when I was going in for a late shift that I actually remembered to get the photo and there were no cars around so I could stop easily. I found my IPhone was a great help in collecting more photos this year rather than my big camera. The cloud was the only non IPhone picture.

1.   Open air market
2.   Theater for performing arts (not a movie theater)
3.   City Hall, Capitol or other similar civic building
4.   Airplane
5.   A sunset
6.   Someone or something taking a nap
7.   A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny.  Substitute Item: Sundial
8.   A tower
9.   A photo with someone or something that is clearly out of place or doesn't belong
10.  A bench that is outside
11.  An animal in a zoo, aquarium, nature preserve, etc.
12.  A cloud in the shape of something (please specify what you see)
13.  A fence
14.  A stained glass object or a mosaic
15.  A fire truck or police car
16.  A windmill 
17.  Candle(s)
18.  Your local pub/bar, coffee house or tea shop
19.  A fisherman
20. A dinosaur
21.  A photograph of you with an artistic tool or craft supply (you cannot substitute for this item)
Bonus/substitute items.  If you find any of the above items too difficult, feel free to substitute either (or both) of these items.  A person wearing an outfit (or item of clothing) that symbolizes your country
A sundial.





Item 21 was my least favourite as I'm not a great selfie taker it's much safer behind the camera. I chose my trusty tools that are always on my desk wherever I'm working. My Tim Holtz scissors , my poky tool for the tape, tape, Zig pen and a roller date stamp of which I have a good selection of lol.

Hope you had fun collecting this summer and hope to see you next year.  Pop over here to see the final round up list. TFL.x

10 comments:

Deb@threeisacharm said...

Great idea to put your photos in a collage! Your fence is fabulous! Such a sweet photo of your son napping.

Andy said...

These are all terrific, but my favourite is the last one of your self portrait with the art tools in your hand! I also like how you displayed your hunt in a collage layout! Andy

Kirsti said...

Brilliant...well done you...maybe next year I will join in again..xx

glitterandglue said...

Lovely set of photos - particularly like the elephant cloud, and that fence is stunning.
Well done.
Margaret - glitterandglue

Eleanor said...

Wonderful choices, number 13 is my favourite, so mystical and inviting.
Eleanor
x

furrypig said...

well done on getting so many fun scavenger photos and love them all shown in a clever collage

Sian said...

It's too hard to pick a favourite! It's a great collection. I didn't get finished up either, but I had good fun trying

john-w said...

Great set of photos. Particularly liked the cloud and the sunset. Well done, John W #17.

Missus Wookie said...

Fun collages - easy to scrap later too :) Well done on finding 'em all too.

boysmum2 said...

Lovely pictures, so love the stain glass picture, such beautiful colours. Thanks for sharing